- to teach something (what)
- by way of some action (how)
- so that (why)
Backward planning is the way of things today. Now we look at goals from the center of this diagram moving outward. The image comes from @SimonSinek and his blog Start With Why. He fueled me with inspiration for the coming work.
You can be inspired as well by checking out his TED Talk. I love a quote from the talk linked above. “Martin Luther King gave the I have a dream speech, not the I have a plan speech.”
Let’s look at how we can drill down a goal, working backwards while focusing on the child’s dream. In order to be driven by inspiration, the talk about goals has to pique their passions, their own individual passions. Please keep in mind that I am still finessing what this work will look like.
- I want to be a successful learner so that I can make a difference.
- I want to learn strategies to read well – so that I can make a difference.
- I want to learn to read – so that I can make a difference.
- I want to know all my letters and sounds – so that I can make a difference.
- I want to hear the sounds in words – so that I can make a difference.
Another #30in30 post.