Just a brief post about how Day 1 in tech went. We got the basics in and now that I have a few years of doing this under my belt, I know that the children will only needs reminders more than reteaching on their use and care.
- How to carry an expensive laptop like a lunch tray to your seat
- How to open it up
- How to clean the keyboard only with a sanitizing wipe
- How to power it on
- How to login ~ step-by-step
- How to click on the icon for the day
- How to be patient when that doesn’t work
- How to see the difference between your screen and someone else’s
- How to sit with a buddy or 2 in order to participate in the much sought after Day 1 activity. ThisIsSand
- How to use the various button, bars, and touchpad to meet your needs
- How to change the color of the sand
- How to close the program
- How to shut down the laptop
- How to carefully stand up, push your chair in, and THEN pick up the laptop and carry it to the teacher.
- How to anticipate your next time with the laptops after Mrs. Poulin changes all the difficult icons over to Safari or Chrome.
It really is all good. Mission accomplished! We learned a great deal and we want MORE!